I’m super excited to invite you to Saddleback Church on October 4th – Doug Fields and Duffy Robbins are coming to The Refinery to teach their incredible Speaking to Teenagers seminar. They’ve made is super accessible for everyone in the area ($25/person) and it is something I’m SO pumped to be sitting under in a month. Join us!
A practical jam packed one day seminar for Youth workers and anyone else who teaches or speaks to teenagers Including pastors, volunteers, Sunday School teachers. If you teach once a quarter or twice a week, this day is for you.
You will leave this seminar knowing:
- The crucial elements of effective communication
- The essentials for understanding and connecting to a teenage audience
- Keys for personal and spiritual preparation before speaking
- The top 10 places to find great illustrations
- How to use the right types of words to make God’s Word come alive for students
- 7 proven tips to make stories more personal & effective
- An approach to turn your experiences into powerful illustrations and connecting points
- The powerful dynamics of humor and how to use it effectively
- How to keep teenagers engaged and deepen their learning
- How to avoid making the most common mistakes speakers make
- Practical guidelines to enhance your body language and gestures
- The secrets of time and timing in speaking
- How to match the type of message to your unique situation