Delegation is the sometimes painful process of making people great.
- When you don’t delegate … you keep your team marginalized.
- If you want to make great leaders, delegate great big stuff to them.
- A good delegator pushes people just beyond what they are comfortable with.
- Sometimes people fail when you delegate. Be ready for that.
- A good delegator picks up the pieces.
- Want your interns to have a good experience? Let them run with something huge.
- Good luck finding a successor – make a successor instead.
- It is always easier to do something yourself than delegate it. But it isn’t the right thing to do.
- Delegate stuff you love to do. Those are the hardest to hand-off.
- Delegate stuff you aren’t good at. Find someone who is. Everyone wins.
- Don’t just delegate the piddly stuff. You need to do some small things
Delegation is tough … but so worth it. Go make people great today!