There is something within me that hesitates to label younger generations. Â Millenials, Mosaic’s, GenY….whatever terminology you might use, seems to view them more as research or stats or a target rather than human beings. Â But, I understand the need for generalizations when it comes to entire generation. Â Well, I came across an interesting articleÂ that noted some very interesting (at least to me) stats on this generation of [insert whatever term you choose here] we all have a heart for. Â Thought I would note some I found particularly interesting:
1. by 2020 46% of all U.S. workers will be millenials
2. 64% ask about social media policies during job interviews
3. They switch their attention between media platforms (like laptops, smart phones, etc.) an average of 27 times per hour.
4. 66% of them look up a store after learning their friend checked in
5. 71% would like to work abroad
6. 70% plan on changing jobs when the economy gets better
7. 30% started a business while in college