My friend Gabe and I were talking over email about conducting exit interviews for seniors leaving your ministry. We talked about what we could learn from them in order to better prepare them for college and life post-HS. Is this a good idea? Anyone out there already doing it?
Here’s a few of the questions we came up with, take a second to add a few of your own in the comments, too:
- On a scale of 1-10, how involved were you in youth group?
- Did you participate or lead a ministry?
- What is something that the as adult leaders could have done to help or support you more?
- How would you describe the “culture” of the youth group?
- What did you like best about our youth group?
- Were there any opportunities we missed?
- Did you feel supported/loved in a critical time or crisis during High School?
- What program/event did you benefit from the most? (Retreat, Overnighter, etc)
- How can our church continue to encourage and support you?
- If there was one thing you could teach the younger students, what would it be?
- What/when was a defining moment in your spiritual walk?