Posted By Kurt Johnston
I’m sure time will teach us many lessons, both good and bad, from the LeBron James free agency/media frenzy/hour long ESPN show/insert your own favorable or unfavorable description here event that unfolded over the past few weeks. In the meantime, here are a few initial things that jump out to me that I would be wise to consider as a leader and pastor:
- People will assume more about me than they actually know.
- What people assume and perceive becomes reality to them and is verychanged by actual facts.
- People expect those who have been given much to behave in a more generous, graceful way than they expect from others.
-I can’t please everybody all of the time….no matter what. But, if I’m not carefulI can put myself in a position to please almost nobody!
- I’m really not as important as I think I am.
- My “fans” todaymight be burning my jersey tomorrow if things don’t go their way.
- The longer I draw out a big decision, the more frustrated people become when the outcome isn’t what they hoped for.
Add one or two of your own in the comments…..