* As I type this, the news is breaking that Peyton Manning is heading to the Broncos. As a life-long Broncos fan…and somebody who got totally caught up in “Tebow Mania”, this news makes me sad for a few reasons:
1.Â I don’t like buying big name talent at the end of their careers hoping they have enough fuel in the tank to get a team to the promised land.
2. I don’t think Peyton Manning is a good risk.Â I hope his neck holds up, but my fear is that by week 10 or so he begins to realize that things aren’t as they should be and has to take a seat.
3. I absolutely HATE that the primary reason (in my opinion) for the signing of Manning is to provide Elway and company a way to get out from under the Tebow train.Â They never believed in him, were forced to start him and can’t stand the idea of a non-traditional QB.Â Their only way out is to sign somebody who causes the fans to say, “Bummer about Tebow….but we got MANNING!”Â I’m not saying it.
* Why don’t I care about March Madness?Â I try every year….I really do.
* Do you watch “The Walking Dead?” It’s a bit grizzly….and most people I’ve recommended it to have a disdain for zombie-themed entertainment, but it really is one of the better shows to come around in a while. The storyline and character development is about the best I’ve seen.Â This season just wrapped up, and it’s the perfect time to catch up on Netflix, Hulu, etc.
* Went surfing in some bigger waves a few days ago which probably wasn’t the best idea considering I don’t surf nearly as much as I used to. The result: A busted fin, a big ding on my rail, and an extremely sore rib.