“So God created human beings in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27) God has made each of us beautiful even with our imperfections. Imperfections enhance our beauty when they are embraced. Seeing the beauty in your imperfections comes by seeing you as God sees you.
- It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
- I have been rescued from the kingdom of darkness and transferred into the Kingdom of God (Colossians 1:13).
- I have been washed in the blood and all of my sins have been forgiven (Ephesians 1:7).
- I have been made right with God through Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
- I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I do not belong to myself (1 Corinthians 6:19).
- I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).
- I receive the free gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
- I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
- I have the peace of God which transcend all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
- He who lives in me is greater and mightier than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
- I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
- I have been chosen by God. I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4).
- I have stripped of my old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. I put on my new nature and am renewed as I learn to know my creator and become like Him (Colossians 3:9-10).
- I receive the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of God and the eyes of my heart are flooded with light so that I can know and understand the hope to which He has called me (Ephesians 1:17-18).
This only briefly touches on the many wonderful words God speaks about you. Speak these words, believe them, and you will live them. There is power in agreeing with what God says about you.
Ashley Fordinal is the Children’s Church volunteer at Family Life Church in Sulphur Springs, TX.