Just finished up reading Soup, another business fable from Jon Gordon. This time he goes after the ingredients of what make a healthy team and focuses on creating a winning team culture that rallies your people to the cause and around an optimistic leader. Honestly the first few chapters really drew me in – not because I’ll ever run a company called Soup, Inc but because he outlines what I’ve felt but been unable to articulate about the importance of team culture. Couple of standout quotes:
- You create a culture of greatness by expecting great things to happen – even during challenging times.
- Leadership is foremost a transfer of belief.
- People follow the leader first and the vision second.
- It is through relationships that you can shape people to be their best.
- We are transformed by our spiritual relationship with God and our relationship with family, mentors, and coaches and we transformothers through our relationship with them.
- Lukewarm isn’t an option. No one likes cold soup.
Good stuff – loved it! Super simple, easy read.