One of things I love to do is watch students use their gifts and abilities for the kingdom of God. I have a student who’s aspiring to do videos and photography on a larger scale. So I gave him the opportunity to shoot and edit this video for our weekend service. He did an awesome job and the students loved it. I spoke on the armor of God at youth group. So for an element of fun I did this video with my son. Just to give you some context: I played it while revealing the fact that I love old kung fu movies. Especially the really cheesy ones. Check it out!!!
So I thought I would write this post asking the question: what would it look like if you created areas in your ministry where students could use their gifts and abilities for the ministry?
The value is immeasurable when it comes to creating areas in your youth ministry where students can lead and serve using their gifts and abilities. Here are a few of the wins from doing just that:
- A door into the ministry for students.
- Easy way to get students connected to the ministry.
- Easy way to build communities within the ministry.
- Great serving opportunities for students.
- Gives them a sense of ownership of the ministry.
- Gives them confidence in themselves.
- Shows that God cares about them using their gifts and abilities for spreading the gospel.
- Brings value to the ministry in the eyes of the students.
- It could draw more students to come see their friends.
Here are a few areas your students maybe gifted in or have the ability to do:
- Making Videos
- Creative Brainstormers – you may have students in your youth group that love thinking up creative stuff.
- Stage Design
- Planning Events
- Skate Boarding
- Doing Audio
How does this look in your ministry?
Hope it helps