The amazing summer intern Cory Tomlinson sent along each of our games from summer camp to share with you. Our students got SO into the games and had a total blast. Enjoy!
1. Tiles (Puzzle Pieces) That Spell Out HSM
1. Separate Into 2 Teams
2. Have each person on the team link arms together
3. Have the team move their line into the pool
4. While staying linked, have the person closest to the deep end dive down to pick up the tiles (puzzle pieces)
5. Pass the puzzle piece down the line towards the outside of the pool making sure arms stay linked together
6. Repeat step 5 until all pieces are out of the pool
7. Have the entire team stay linked and move out of the pool
8. Put puzzle together
1. Dixie Cups
2. 2 Sparkling Cider Bottles
3. Home Depot Buckets
1. Have teams line up into 2 lines (1 line per team)
2. Have person going first wait on their knees (do this every time someone gets ready to go)
3. Hand student Dixie cup and have them fill it up with water in the home depot water bucket
4. That student races on their knees to the sparkling cider bottle and once there fill the bottle with the water from the cup
5. Once poured that student runs back to their line to high five the next person to go.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until Sparkling cider bottle is filled up to the line with water
7. First team done wins
1. 2 Liter Soda Bottles
2. 4 Carwash Sponges
3. 2 Home Depot 5 Gal. Buckets
4. 8 Frisbees
1. Line up using an even number of students for every team. (as many students as possible, as long as it’s an even number).
2. Have two students set aside to throw the Frisbees.
3. Start with a sponge in the bucket
4. The person next to the bucket will fill up the sponge with water.
5. Then carefully pass the sponges down the line to get the water into the 2 liter bottles.
6. Fill each bottle to the designated line.
7. Once all of the bottles are filled to the lines, have everyone return to behind the line.
8. Have the two throwers starts throwing the Frisbees to knock down the 2 liter bottles.
9. If they do not knock all of the bottles down within four throws, the throwers are the ONLY ones who may go retrieve the Frisbees.
10. First team to knock down all of their “pins” wins.
Stomp the Yard
1. Put one team on each side of the tennis court
2. Have each team pick 30 people that will play the game
3. Have the people not playing the game blow up 1 balloon for each person playing and tie it to the ankle of someone who is playing.
4. Once all of the players have balloons tied to them have the people not playing sit down until points are awarded.
5. First team to get step 3/ step 4 done wins the first round of the game.
6. From there, all of the people with the balloons on their ankles will proceed to the court.
7. Half of each team must be on both sides of the net.
8. Once everyone is situated then the whistle will be blown.
9. When the whistle is blown then every player’s goal is to pop the balloon on someone’s ankle from the opposing team.
10. The last team standing will be awarded the final set of points.
2. Whiffle Balls
3. Caution Tape
1. One team is in the outfield while the other is up to bat.
2. The pitcher will throw the ball and once the batter hits the ball to the field the field people must try to catch it.
3. Once an outfielder has the ball they MUST FREEZE where they are.
4. Once they are frozen FIFTEEN people from the team out in the field must run over and line up behind the player that caught the ball.
5. While they are trying to line up the hitter must run from home base to home base.
6. If the hitter can get back to home before the opposing team lines up 15 team members then they get the points, if the outfield team gets lines up first then they win the points.
1. Slip N’ Slide Tarp
2. Baby Soap
3. Baby Oil
5. Bases (Baby Pools)
Directions: (It’s a game of kickball on a slip and slide)
1. Have one team in the outfield and one team up to kick.
2. Have the pitcher roll the ball and the kicker kick.
3. If the person up to kick kicks the ball, they should start running the bases.
4. If the ball is caught the kicker is out.
5. Continue cycle until there are three outs then switch who is kicking and who is pitching.
6. Continue for two rounds per team.
Hope they help or inspire you in creating some great games, too!